Constant Connection issues.

As the title says lately I have been having connection issues with xbox live. Its not just when playing games, but also when trying to download things off the market most recently the new Zombies map pack for Black Ops. While playing online I get constant latency spikes in which I lag horribly bad this can go from full bars to 1 or 2 and back up. Also if I leave my xbox alone for any length of time I get disconnected from live. This does not happen if I am navigating the dashboard, but only when I go away like while downloading something. This makes it very tedious to try and download anything off the market as I have to baby sit my console the entire time.I can connect to Xbox live with no trouble after the disconnects.

I have a 15+mbps Comcast connection and have no issues playing anything on my computer. I have the ports open with a open NAT setting which I have checked numerous times to be positive. I also use a wired connection, I have tested a wireless with the same issues. The only thing that has changed in the last few weeks is I purchased a new slim 360 upgraded from the original white one I had for the last few years. My router is a Netgear WGR614 v9 I have used this same router for at least a year with no issues and I still have none with either my windows or mac. One other issue today while in a party with a friend it constantly was kicking us from the party on my screen with would say "His GT has left the party" and on his screen it would say "Zeerith has left the party". Communication was inconsistent at best with multiple times where neither could hear the other, while I use a Tritton Headset he uses the Xbox Live one. We eventually just got in lobby chat on zombies and the chat worked perfect. I have power cycled both modem and router., but I do not believe it is a issue with either since my internet connection on my laptop and ps3 have no issues. I have never had any issues with live disconnecting or extremely bad lag until now.

I got this error after running a Network check.

W: 0000-000B

X: 0000-F001

Y: 20A8-4840

Z: 0000-0000

ID:FFFF-FFFF

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Hey there, it sounds like you got a few issues going on, but we'll work on it to see if we can get you back up and running. First, start with our Connection Guide (forums.xbox.com/.../9.aspx) to see if any of that helps. If not, post the answers to all the bold questions back here. For your party issues, maybe check out our Communication Guide (forums.xbox.com/.../19135.aspx) including NAT solutions (forums.xbox.com/.../34069.aspx). Let me know if any of that helps!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

get an actiontec router and make sure you get it wireless it an get you 10-20 mbps faster per sec and try to upgrade to fios its really fast i play stuff online and i use the internet and watch videos at the simultaneously and i play 360 all day with no lag or host migration if u do you will always be host

Sorry this didn't help.

changing the router settings often times can drastically improve connection if you do it properly.

i have fios actiontec router and these settings work really well

forums.verizon.com/.../359599

Sorry this didn't help.