Console won't connect to XBox Live

OK - here's my problem.  We have the newer XBox Black Slim model with built in hard-drive (No Kinect).  Everything was working OK up until a few days ago.  Now when we turn it on, it signs the gamertag in automatically, but it is still "Unconnected" to XBox Live.  We try to connect to XBox Live,  it says there is a problem with our connection (the auto-response).  We've done everything imaginable to remedy.  I've disconnected from the wireless connection, re-searched for wireless connections, and put in the passphrase.  I've disconnected the console from the power source, and also my modem/router.  I've also called XBox Live Support  who drug me through the same exercises I already did on my own, and still zeroes.  Now here's the strange part - in this same house, the other XBoxes are working just fine - both can connect to XBox Live no problem - it's only this new Black one that is suddently having problems.  I have no clue as to what steps to try next - anyone have any ideas?  (The end result of the conversation with XBox Live Support was they would need to have a supervisor call me back within 42-78 hrs as the aide on the other end of the phone was unable to solve the problem.)

I am wondering if there is suddenly a problem with the built in wireless adaptor? 

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 7 Applies to:

If you're still having this issue, please try changing your wireless password, and then enter that new password on the console, to see if it takes. Let me know how it goes!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Same problem here except i'm using Ethernet not wireless. mine will connect for like 10 mins and then it will give me the "service is unavailable" error message

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.