Console won't power on, blinking orange light on power brick

Recently bought a Xbox One, and it had what seemed like a noisy fan.  Just on the menus it was quiet, but when I started a game, while the game was loading it got a big noisy, and once the game was loaded the noise took a step up again.  I brought it to a local repair shop to get a quote for repair (it's out of warranty) and they call me next working day to say it wouldn't power on at all.  They claim they didn't do anything, and the sticker seems intact so the box was probably never opened.  But it was working fine apart from the noise before I brought it into them.  I didn't leave my power brick with them, they said they had their own.

Anyway, brought it home, and plugged it in.  The power brick has a blinking orange light, and the console doesn't power on.  No lights on the console.

I looked at the Xbox One won't power on troubleshooting, reset the power supply (unplugged at the wall, console and brick, left for a few mins) but no difference, still blinking orange light.  Tried different power socket which I know is working fine.  Don't have any friends with Xbox One to test with theirs.

The troubleshooting guide suggests to replace the power supply, but given the repair shop had problems turning it on with their own power supply too, can the orange blinking light indicate a console issue?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 227 Applies to:

I Wouldn't say anything is wrong with the console but i would think you where given a faulty power supply your consoles warranty should cover it if it was newly purchased.

Console won't power on troubleshoots.

Regards -Justin.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.