console will not power on

My system will not power on and when I mean power on I mean light up on my console and on my t.v screen, untill I switch to the input it is on this has never happened before I mean I have had the same xbox slim, same t.v and nothing then all of a sudden I have to have it on a certain input just to get the xbox to turn I thought was weird. I used to be able to turn my system on by the button and it would light up at that time and the t.v would be off or on an other input because of watching t.v so I do not know what it is going on. I have another system which is the older xbox should I try plugging that up the same way and seeing if it would do it with that one also or not?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 7 Applies to:

What was your normal TV input? HDMI? RGB?

Maybe it's a problem with your TV input or the cable input, or your Xbox output.

Maybe the cause could be, Wet, Dust, Some kind of damage (like a hit or pull the cable, or something).

In any case, if it's the HDMI try to prove it in other device like a Bluray player or another Xbox, if it's the RGB input then try in another Xbox (also try to use it in another TV, so you can check what is the trouble maker)

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

[quote user="K TOvvN SOLD13r"]

My system will not power on and when I mean power on I mean light up on my console and on my t.v screen, untill I switch to the input it is on this has never happened before I mean I have had the same xbox slim, same t.v and nothing then all of a sudden I have to have it on a certain input just to get the xbox to turn I thought was weird. I used to be able to turn my system on by the button and it would light up at that time and the t.v would be off or on an other input because of watching t.v so I do not know what it is going on. I have another system which is the older xbox should I try plugging that up the same way and seeing if it would do it with that one also or not?

[/quote] I have found a useful step to step guide matching your issue and would highly recommend checking it out as it could solve your issue thanks! http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/xbox_support/f/7/t/153182.aspx

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.