console to PC connect, newbe kind-a lost

Well, it looks as though my Xbox and my PC can see each other and talk to one another.  Now what?  I have Media Center on the PC (Windo7). Can I play games that are on my PC?

Can I download APP's to my PC and share them on Xbox?  What about movies?

Movies would be great if I could use the Xbox to view them while they are on the PC's hard drive!  Is that possible? Somehow? Through Media Center or Media Player?

I have a Western Digital external hard drive.  Can I connect that to my Xbox????

I really look forward to hearing from someone out there. I tried to look these and some other questions I have up. But could find no answers.

Thanks for any help in advance

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

[quote user="SoggyTie4814"]

Well, it looks as though my Xbox and my PC can see each other and talk to one another.  Now what?  I have Media Center on the PC (Windo7). Can I play games that are on my PC?[/quote]Not through your Xbox 360.

[quote user="SoggyTie4814"]Can I download APP's to my PC and share them on Xbox?[/quote]Kind of. There are plugins for Media Centre that let you access things like an internet browser.

[quote user="SoggyTie4814"]Movies would be great if I could use the Xbox to view them while they are on the PC's hard drive!  Is that possible? Somehow? Through Media Center or Media Player?[/quote]You can stream movies with both media centre and media player. The process is a little too long to describe here, so I'll point you to a fellow forum users blog which contains all the info you need Teh Emperors Hand.

[quote user="SoggyTie4814"]I have a Western Digital external hard drive.  Can I connect that to my Xbox?[/quote]If you want to share media with the 360 by plugging a device directly into it, then it will need to be formatted as either FAT32 or HFS+. The latter would be a better choice since it supports files over 4gb in size.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.