Console Stuck on Update, tried fix with flash drive, now won't even load up

I'm not entirely sure how to describe what's going on, but I recently bought Dragon Age II. I attempted to play my game, after not having used my Xbox over a few months (Worked fine then...) and it attempted to update the system, but couldn't, so it had me stuck on the Update System screen. I did the Flashdrive 12625 update, fixed the issue.

It then would not read my disc, however, I put in my Halo 2 disc, and it read that without a hitch, for a short, but then stopped showing the dash, and won't load up to my Xbox dash now every time I try to turn it on.

I JUST bought Dragon Age II, brand new, right out of the box. There are NO scratches on my disc, I double checked that, gently wiped it off, etc. Every time I tried to run DAII, my console made a terrible noise, and I noticed at the bottom of my tray for my disc, there's a bit of oil or grease.

I can't even get my console to my dash now, though, so I'm not sure how to fix this issue. I have not opened the console, or anything like that, if I need to send it in...

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

I'd like to add that I got it to load up to my dash again, however, it is now NOT reading Dragon Age II, which I'm reading is a very very common problem with the Dragon Age games in general. Is this something that can be confirmed, or not?

Am I better off returning my game, and getting something else in it's place?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Is it only Dragon Age II that is having the disc read issue still? If so, you might try contacting your retailer for a replacement disc.

Sorry this didn't help.

Yes, it is just my Dragon Age II disc. I should have known something wasn't right when I opened it in the first place, the disc appears to have been ringed. I thought it was normal, because some discs (in any genre, CD, DVD, game...) usually have that ring near the center of the disc, after closer inspection, it's not consistent and it appears to be scratched into the disc.

I'll be returning it for a replacement in the morning tomorrow.

Sorry this didn't help.

Sounds good! Let us know the outcome. :)

Sorry this didn't help.