Console slower and issues with Live

Hi,

My consoles performance has degraded over time, and I have various problems with Live. Symptoms are,

-Console takes long time to start, spinning circle

-Intermittently logged out from Live

-Difficulties downloading content from Live, slow and has to be restarted numerous times to work

-Upgrades fails downloads as well, only works with many retries

-Playing FIFA against EA servers never disconnects

Have tried most suggested actions, cleared cache, searched for objects on hard drive with errors.

My internet connection is fast, console connected with cable, nothing changed in configuration, overall no issues with the network. Gateway is a DLink with Upnp enabled.

Any suggestions, total reset and reformat? In that case, any efficient ways to save what needs to be saved before doing so?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

A whole console reset may fix those issues because it sounds like the hard drive is slowing down, probably due to a lot of stuff on it and not enough temporary space to do things. I would backup things like your saved games, profile, and anything that can't be replicated (installed games aren't necessary since you can just reinstall them) onto a USB stick or another hard drive, and then totally reset/wipe out your system. If it doesn't solve the problems, I would suggest sending in your console for a repair.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

When you say wipe, what do you mean beyond formatting the hard drive, can the console be reset back to factory status as well?

BTW, taking out the hard drive doesn't resolve the issues.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.