Console Settings - 3D/TV Size Questions

I have not been online in awhile; and was surprised with an update when logging on tonight. I was surprised further when checking the Display option under "Console Settings." I noticed the two bottom options: 3D and TV Size. Now I am a bit puzzled/confused as to whether they are related. When trying to "Detect" settings for the TV Size option, nothing happened. And now I can change the size, but can not delete it completely (a bit annoying to my OCD self)

Can someone please answer a few questions for me:

1) What is the point of the "TV Size" setting?

2) Is the "TV Size" setting related to the "3D" setting?

3) Is there an option to delete/clear any size in the "TV Size" setting?

4) Any other information/advice/help?

I have since tried to "Detect" TV Size with 3D enabled and disabled, but to no avail, nothing happens... any help/info would greatly be appreciated.

Thank you~

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

Does anyone know what these settings are specific for?

Thank you again~

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hey there Fresh! I'm a bit confused as to what you are trying to accomplish. Are you having trouble with the video display from the console? Is the image on the TV too small or too big? Also, if you are switching from Detect to typing in the size manually, it shouldn't really change unless you are putting in a number that is different from the actual size of the TV, correct? Let me know, thanks!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.