Console Repair timeline

Hey, gang. So you may have seen me posting all over the forums the past few weeks. The reason for this, is that
I have been in the process of having my Xbox One repaired. Fig I create an unbiased timeline of events for those
who are interested. Keep in mind this Xbox has been unmoved after setup and condition is mint (externally).

March 12: Xbox One begins to emit a buzzing sound while reading disc (Specifically TitanFall install).

March 17: Console continues with buzzing sound but is still playable.

March 21: Xbox does not read any discs (Game, DVD, Blu-ray)

March 22: Created Repair Order of a Xbox One Day One (Xbox.com)
                 Printed/attached FedEx Label to Shipment
                 Scheduled FedEx to pickup from residence

March 23: FedEx pickup at 9AM EST

March 24: Arrival at FedEx unit

March 28: Arrives in Laredo, TX

March 29: Order being processed (service center status)

March 31: Est. completion date April 12 (service center status)

April 1:   Shipped back to customer w/FedEx Tracking number (service center status)

April 2-7:  Processing through US/Mexican Customs

April 7:     FedEx Tracking number finally gets Ack/1st scan

April 10:   Shipment arrives via FedEx from Zapopan, Mexico (Guadalajara)
                cosmetic ware/scratching all over console (Front/Top)
                1 Month Free XboxLive card
                Instructions to re-setup console w/ 1 sentence stating sorry for your inconvenience

In conclusion the repaired console worked fine. No more scratching or grinding sound. And discs were recognized
by drive. But the condition returned to me was less than favorable. The handling that this console saw
that would leave all the scratching and marks all over is unbelievable. It's like someone intentionally took the console
and rubbed it 2 or 3 times across brick/concrete flooring. I bought this system day one from Microsoft personally.
Set it up and locked it in an entertainment cabinet to protect from damage. I personally would like to know
more about this repair center. What MS director oversees this? Do they have inspectors? It is what it is. Hopefully you found
something of interest reading this. Any thoughts or critiques. 

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 10 Applies to:

my console is in the process of going thru customs now i didnt know about the repair center being in mexico i thought it was texas.  I hope my console doesnt come back in the same condition this really helped cause i didnt know the process of the repair

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hey Your Dead!

It is most likely that the cosmetic damage occurred via shipment back to you.

That being said, if you call the customer support line, they will most likely offer you compensation for the cosmetic damage. You could probably talk them into replacing your xbox (I wonder if they have insurance through FedEx when shipping Xboxs back to customers).

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.