Console "Can't Play Until Subscriptions are Up to Date"

Alright, so I got a new xbox console over Christmas. It is the 250gb newest model of the console, and has worked perfectly fine up until this point.

The problem is that now when I try to play a game, this message comes up http://gyazo.com/c82b881fa00a3791ab1824e53620870b saying that my Microsoft account is not available and I need to update my subscriptions. (I blurred out the serial number but I can provide it if needed.)

But I know for a fact that all of my subscriptions are up to date. This is not even an account problem. I have 3 xbox live accounts, all of which work PERFECTLY fine on a different console of mine. In fact, even if I am on an offline account or not even signed in at all this error message will come up when I try to start up a game.

So basically, 1st console: no accounts work; 2nd console: all of the same accounts work. So it is NOT a billing issue or else 

I have already contacted xbox support and they told me to come here. The suggestions they have had me try are checking for emails from xbox (which I have found none related to the issue) and then they suggested that I delete the accounts and redownload them, which did not work, I got interrupted by the error while trying to download my account back.

So just to recap, this is not a subscription problem or account problem. My xbox just won't stop displaying this message anytime I try to play, all of my accounts are in good standing, and I have not violated the terms and conditions. The same accounts I am trying to use all work perfectly on a different console.

If someone could please help me out, that would be great.

Thanks

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

[quote user="AMP FunDad"]Alright, so I got a new xbox console over Christmas.[/quote]You bought the console, or someone gave it to you? If you bought it, did you buy the $99 model?[quote]The problem is that now when I try to play a game, this message comes up http://gyazo.com/c82b881fa00a3791ab1824e53620870b saying that my Microsoft account is not available and I need to update my subscriptions. (I blurred out the serial number but I can provide it if needed.)[/quote]Did you go to the website listed on the error message, www.xbox.com/myaccount ? That error message indicates the console is one that came from the Entertainment for All plan, where the console is $99 up front, but then requires a $14.99/mo Live plan for the next two years.

You should talk with whoever bought you the console. Someone didn't do their homework. If that console was paid for up front ($250 for the console kit), then return it to your retailer and exchange it for a new one.

You can try PMing one of the support staff with your console serial number to have them confirm it's an Entertainment for All device, but it seems pretty clear it is from the error message you're getting.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

You say you have your account on 2 consoles?

If you downloaded your profile on 2 consoles it may have locked those profiles on the first. Try redownloading the profiles from xbl.

Unless the problem was as posted above.

Sorry this didn't help.

Did you ever find a fix for this?  Same problem here.

Sorry this didn't help.