Console only ejects tray in the horizontal position.

Hi all. 

My 360 will only auto eject in the horizontal position.  I have tried everything, removing the faceplate and using a paperclip (works), changing positions with and without faceplate (both work but only horizontally).  There is nothing in the disc drive and I really don't have the money or want to part with my xbox to send it for repairs.  Has this happened to anyone else and how was it fixed?

Please help!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Hey,

Sorry to hear that you are faced to deal with such a issue, let's see if we can't come up with the best solution for your case. =)

Which model do you have (is it a new slim model, or a older white unit)?

Is your unit still under warranty? Attempting to repair a console your self with void the warranty, and it is advised that users should either attempt to take it back to the store they brought it from if that is possible, or begin a  repair request. 

Warranty/repair/registration
  please check out the information there and let us know if it helps as well. Thanks

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

It is the older white one.  I doubt it is still under warranty and I know I am unable to bring it back to the store.  Oh well.  I guess I will just have to manually eject.

Sorry this didn't help.

Yeah with my older white unit I remember I use to have use a butter knife when I would run out of cans of air! =)

As a few helpful bits of advice if you are no longer under warranty:

• The belt that opens the disc tray tends to get really dirty. You can get a  can of air from various stores and open the case and blow out your unit to help with this and other possible other issues.
  • Some people have replaced the belt entirely, some remove it and boil it to clean it.
  • Knowing how to properly manually eject your drive can be a big tool.

At the bottom of the eject page is a few other solutions which I hope you might find useful. Hopefully someone else will chime in with a few useful suggestions as well.

Please do let us know if we can be of further assiatnce. Thanks

Sorry this didn't help.