Console Mate xbox hard drives

Hi,

Is it a breach of the xbox live ToS to install http://www.consolemate.com.au/320gb-hard-drive-xbox-p-548.html in to my xbox 360?

Thanks

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 11 Applies to:

Hi,

It's a 3rd party hard drive so any sort of issues you may have with it you'd need to contact that retailer for assistance with. You won't be able to play original Xbox games with that hard drive but aside from that everything else should be fine. While it's not recommended to use a 3rd party hard drive in your console you won't get banned for using one (unless it has some 3rd party modified files on it).

When you can you should always go with original Microsoft manufactured accessories as you never know what sort of affects any sort of 3rd party hardware might have on your console. 

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Changing the hard drive won't violate the ToS, even if it's 3rd party (not sure if this one is?).

Sorry this didn't help.

I was always under the impression that any hard drive other a genuine Microsoft certified drive was a breach of the terms of use. Looking at the terms of use you'll see

-

1.12. Are there things I can't do on the Services? You must not use the Services to harm others or the Services. For example, you must not:

-

use or attempt to use any unauthorized means to modify, reroute, or gain access to the Services; ( Surely a third party hard drive would breach this ? )

-

You can't use unauthorized software or hardware to access the Services, nor can you modify an Authorized Device in any unauthorized way (e.g., through unauthorized repairs, unauthorized upgrades, or unauthorized downloads). You agree that we have the right to send data, applications or other content to any software or hardware that you are using to access the Services for the purpose of detecting an unauthorized modification and/or disabling the modified device. ( surely a third party hard drive would fall into the unauthorised hardware category? )

-

I guess it's a grey area that needs clarifying by official support, after all you can get banned for using an older model hard drive in a slim console so I see no difference between that and using a hard drive that has been modified for use as an Xbox hard drive.

-

That my interpretation of the terms of use anyway.

Sorry this didn't help.

I second that last statement... Last I heard only official MS Xbox 360 HDDs were allowed for usage in your console.

Sorry this didn't help.