Console makes loud buzzing noise when reading certain disc?

I don't know what's wrong with it. But none of my other games make this noise. It is a loud buzzing noise when it begins to read it, but after that, there is nothing there. Any fixes? Should I clean it?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Hello LowlyOne,

Game discs and other media discs have slight differences in weight, warpage, and how the media and labeling is manufactured.  This can lead to your console's drive vibrating differently as it reads different discs.

While it won't hurt anything to clean the disc in question, if the disc reads correctly, and it doesn't appear to need to be cleaned, then I'd personally just let it be.  Remember when cleaning your discs to use a soft, clean, slightly damp cloth, and to lightly wipe from the center of the disc outward.

If your disc is not working correctly, see if there is a way for you to exchange your disc from the store where you purchased it, or try contacting the customer support line for the company that makes the game, movie, or music cd, to see if they will exchange your disc under the manufacturer's warranty.

I hope you find my explanation and suggestions helpful.  Happy gaming!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.