Console locked up mid-game, will not turn on

Was playing a game of skyrim a few minutes ago when I experienced a game freeze. Happens occasionally, unfortunately this time I couldn't force a turn off with the power button. I disconnected the power with the cable, re-installed cable, then tried to restart.  Console will not load. Center button turns on(green). I can hear the fan spin up, as well as a few initial noises, then nothing. Happens with console power button activation and controller activation. Did a quick search here, didnt really find anything pertaining to this type of problem. Just looking for a possible diagnosis direction. Console is approx. 4 years old. Tray opens and closes, removed HDD and same result.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

This is just an idea but are all your cables in properly? have you got a different av and power cable you could try? as when you unplugged it you may have caused a surge and it has made one of the cables cut out or it could have made your console cut out all together, if this is the case then sorry for your loss, but I hope maybe just changing the cables will help.

Best of luck

Godmonkee

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for the suggestions GM. Already tried a known HDMI on a different port to no avail. Something probably failed internally.

Sorry this didn't help.

OK sorry it was worth a try

Thanks

Sorry this didn't help.