Console Hacked

My console (Xbox 360) was hacked 11:00 pm December 29th. I already called support and he tried to help. I was finally able to connect back to the internet 3 hours later. I was 'booted offline'

I was asked in a chat on Xbox live with one of my live friends. He asked me "Do you know what booted offline is?" I said no he asked "Do you want to find out?" I said no again. The listed the city and state I lived in, then my internet provider before I was quickly kicked offline. I couldn't even connect to my internet off of my laptop. Once I was able to connect I filed a complaint on him, and unfriend him. I was told to post them on a forum to get your guys attention by the guy that helped me when I called support.

Hope you guys do something about him.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Hi there Hollie Bird glad to see you were able to reconnect to xbox live as far as your friend is concerned the enforcement team will take care of it.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

You were the victim of a DDoS (Direct Denial of Service) attack.  These are illegal.  

Filing a complaint on the forums doesn't work.  Going to his bio and selecting File Complaint then following the instructions will enable the PET (Policy Enforcement Team) can investigate and take the necessary action.

In the future, if this happens again unplug your modem for 10 seconds and plug it back in.  That will reset the internet for you and allow you to get back online.

You should also contact your internet service provider and inform them of what has happened so they can issue you a new IP address.  They will also investigate the attack and, if they feel it is necessary, file criminal charges on the person responsible for it.

Sorry this didn't help.

I unplugged the router, and it didn't help, and I already Filed a complaint. I was told to post on the forum, so I did.

Sorry this didn't help.

you have to unplug the modem too as the modem is where your IP address comes from all the router does is splt up your connection to other devices wired or wireless.

Sorry this didn't help.

I understand support told you to post on the forums.  They always do that.  Unfortunately, phone support is incorrect in that.  Posting stuff like that on the forums doesn't do much to help as the PET don't surf the forums.  Only filing a complaint can get the other person checked out.

Sorry this didn't help.