Console going out?

I turned on my 360 last night and for some reason it took forever to get past the logo screen. I thought it had frozen so I held down the menu button to bring up the shutdown option and it didn't work. I hit the power button to turn it off and nothing happened the first time, the second time it turned off, but when I turned it back on it still had issues getting past the logo screen. I let it sit for about 5 minutes and it finally went into the dashboard. The game I had in it was showing up as "open tray", so I tried the fixes posted in these forums for that, clearing the cache and removing the HDD and still it didn't help. It read other games fine, and after about 30 minutes of disk swapping it finally read the game. I'm worried that the console is going out soon.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

If you've tried all of the steps listed in our stickied troubleshooters for disc issues, then it's possible the drive/console may be failing. You might want to try installing games to the HDD, to see if that helps things.

Also, it wouldn't hurt to check your warranty status here. You can also use that page to set up a repair.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.