I'm having an odd problem. Here are the specifics.
A few weeks ago I was playing Mass Effect 1, and my 360 froze completely. I couldn't return to the main screen, so I turned the console off, then back on. I got back into Mass Effect, played a little, and it froze again. I then...
- checked the disc (it was perfect)
- deleted all Mass Effect 1 data
- cleared the cache
- its already in a well ventilated area, and it has been there for years
- made sure my hard drive was connected
Tried to play again, and it froze again. I was disappointed, but it was just Mass Effect 1, so it wasn't a big deal. But then other games began to do the same thing. Viva Pinata, Halo 3 and Halo Reach began freezing. THEN Minecraft began freezing too. So I don't know whats going on with it.
- I bought my 360 in 2007, and its had the red ring three or four times, each time it was repaired by Microsoft.
- I have tried my hard drive in TWO other 360s, and it worked perfectly in both. I was able to play all the games at length with no freezing.
- I have tried my 360 with NO hard drive, and it still freezes on the games I mentioned shortly after I start playing them.
- I am still able to play Skyrim with absolutely no trouble (so far)
I think thats all the info I have. I'm just completely confused by it. Specifically, why is it freezing with only specific games? Especially Minecraft, which doesn't need a CD at all.
So any suggestions are welcome. I feel like I've tried everything, but maybe someone knows something else that might help.
I guess I'd also like to know how much a repair would run me, out of curiosity.