Console freezing upon start up

I performed the update yesterday (6/20/12) and it seemed successful as I was able to play FIFA 12 afterward.  However, after I turned off my Xbox, I was unable to get it to restart.  The console will begin to load, then freeze on the white start-up screen.

I have performed the steps of the support article on "freezing" (can't get to the option to clear the cache as it won't load, also tried removing the hard drive which didn't help) and also tried pressing the sync button while turning the console on as suggested in a previous forum post.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Greetings Krouseing,

I'm sorry for hear that you are having problems using your Xbox. Let me try to help you.

Please, first go here and follow the steps / instructions: support.xbox.com/.../screen-freeze-solution

If the problem persists, please take some time to read this topic: forums.xbox.com/.../7834.aspx and see if it can solve your problem.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I tried the steps in the "screen freeze" article (the first one you sent me) with no luck.  I cannot even get my Xbox to load all the way so that I can even try and clear the cache.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello again,

I'm sorry that my first suggestion didn't worked as expected.

Can you please check this article and see if it can solve your problem: support.xbox.com/.../screen-freeze-article

Please let us know your progress.

If nothing else solves your problem I would ask you to contact xbox support and see if they can provide you more information. ( http://support.xbox.com/en-US/contact-us )

As last resource, you can request a online repair here: http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-360/repair/repair-process

Sorry this didn't help.

No luck still.  Xbox is in a well ventilated area, no game in it, and it still won't load (though, the 2nd to last time I tried to start it, it was able to load all the way through the white start-up screen but then immediately cut to a green screen).

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello, how is our console connected to your TV ?

1/ Could you try disconnecting every cable from your console and leave it for about an hour, hook everything back up and then try to boot the console up.

2/ Disconnect the av/hdmi cable, boot up the console, once it's booted up connect the av/hdmi cable.

When the going gets tough find something easier to do.

Sorry this didn't help.