Console freezing but... not freezing?

Heres the deal, ive just got Gears Of War 3, and have been playing it for the past 2-3hours, and then maybe half an hour ago, my Xbox starts to randomly crash, but heres the wierder part, it doesnt freeze fully, only on the Xbox Guide, i can see anything animating or making sounds in the background but the Xbox Guide seems to have frozen permanantly, now when i try to play Gears it just leaves me on a black screen and when i try to go to dashboard it freezes because i selected it from Xbox Guide... but the extra, extra wierd part is that the exact same thing is happening to my friend, whom in a party with, and can still continue to talk to even when the xbox freezes... in order to turn the console off when it freezes i need to press it about 2 times before it turns off succesfully, ive tried clearing my cache to no success, so since it is also happening to my friend i can only assume its happening to select few people at the moment, xbox servers or something? Anyone have any insight?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Exactly the same thing is happening to me and my mate... must be some sort of crash with Gears.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Really? I think it may have something to do with the update that came with Gears, like its screwed everyones consoles.... Also, ive just tried putting in a different game and it still only brings me to a black screen, and if i try to go to Dashboard the console crashes and im unable to do anything about it...

Sorry this didn't help.

Yeah same, just sit tight, there should be some update soon.

Sorry this didn't help.

[quote user="xX IL U K E"]I think it may have something to do with the update that came with Gears, like its screwed everyones consoles....[/quote]If Gears of War 3 updated your console, then your console was out of date. There's a 2MB Title Update you'll receive when connecting to Live if you wish. That's not the same thing as a System Update, though.

I've booted and started up Gears of War 3 on a Reach console, on a Halo 3 console, and on a Gears of War console. I played for about two hours on my Gears of War console. No issues.

The Gears of War console itself did not ship with the latest System Update applied. My new console updated itself using the System Update I have stored on my USB flash drive. The Halo 3 and Reach consoles were already up to date, hence no System Update.

Sorry this didn't help.

I dont have a Gears Of War console, i have an Xbox Elite wite a 120gb HD... but ive just attempted to play the Xbox now after being away for a while and it seems to be working now... whatever it was it seems to have been only temporary, thank god for that.

Sorry this didn't help.