Console freezes. Troubleshooting hasn't worked and can't book a service. Not impressed.

I'm getting very frustrated. 

My Xbox 360 S has been freezing for a while, I've tried all the troubleshooting and it hasn't helped. Clearing the cache seemed to work a couple of times but only fixed the problem temporarily (last attempt didn't help at all).

I've tried it with all accessories removed (kinect, hard drive etc) to no avail.

I feel very aggrieved as it's hardly been used since I got it last June (2012) so the fact it has broken down is very very disappointing, particularly such a short time out of warranty. My warranty apparently ended in March (so I lost 3 months of it before I even owned the console strangely), it is also out of warranty where I bought it from (who don't want to know).

I feel angry that I'm expected to pay £64+ for a repair on a machine that clearly wasn't fit for purpose. It isn't in an enclosed space, it hasn't been mishandled and I repeat - it's hardly been used! (Seriously, a teenager would have used it more in a few weeks than I have in a year) it's ridiculous. I should add that this is my second Xbox 360, I had an original one which also died (RRoD) funnily enough just outside its warranty (the extended one) at least I got a few years out of that one though! I won't be buying another, ever.

To add to the frustration I decide to stump up for a repair after much grumbling and stubborn refusal to do so, only to then fine that low and behold - the Xbox website won't let me do it. Error, error, error. Same error in English 5 times, German once and also Spanish. It's a joke.

Sort your shoddily made machines out, and sort your website out. I need to get this hunk of junk fixed to get some benefit out of the expensive things bought for it which have never been touched due to its demise. (eg Kinect bought in June for my son has barely seen the light of day thanks to the console's demise...much to his disappointment)

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

Hey there Echo,

I'm really sorry to hear you've been having an issue with your repair.

Just to double check, are you using this guide on How to get your product repaired?

If you're having no luck with the online process you can also set up a repair through Phone Support. If you explain the errors you get with the online center, they may be able to offer you the discounted online price as well.

Please keep us posted on how everything goes. 

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.