Console freezes at xbox splash screen

Over the past few weeks, my xbox has frozen at the splash screen, i had my profile saved on my flash drive so i just removed it and signed in to another account, deleted my current profile (epicwilver993) and recovered it like once or twice, the problem is recently, i let my friend borrow my flash drive and moved my profile to my memory unit (i have a 4gb xbox 360 slim) so know my xbox freezes when i start up, it won't even get past the splash screen. i cannot delete my profile and recover it since my profile is on my console and i can't even make it to the dashboard. although my xbox rarely makes it past the splash screen and freezes at the dashboard while it is loading (when the two white circles are spinning signifying the dashboard is loading.)

Question Info

Last updated October 5, 2018 Views 1,748 Applies to:

I've got the same problem let's see what answers we will get.I'm stuck at startup screen with circle too.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

^I've tried everything in there but i can't do it since i can't even bypass the splash screen, the sync button doesn't work, i had to send it in for repair

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks for the update, epic. Please let us know if you have any further questions.

Sorry this didn't help.

forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/xbox_support/f/8/t/8221.aspx

Thats a link to a vertified answer, but I have the problem that when I actually got past the splash screen, I tried to clear system cache on my HDD, which I have confirmed to be the issue, it told me that it was not formatted. I took my HDD out and I easily got past the splash screen. Does anyone know a way to clear cache or back up a hard drive with an xbox transfer kit? 

Sorry this didn't help.

Greetings, epic and Racer! If you are encountering screen freezing, please take a look at our sticky guide on the issue: forums.xbox.com/.../8221.aspx. I would also recommend running through this support troubleshooter titled "Screen Freeze Solution".

Give those steps a shot and let us know if it helps resolve the issue! Thanks in advance.

Sorry this didn't help.

See if you can borrow a friend's HardDrive(HDD) and install it into your Xbox. If your Xbox loads properly, then you know your HDD is faulty. If it continues with your friend's HDD then you know it's the console itself.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello

I would suggest holding the sync button on the xbox while you start up see if that can bypass the freezing on start up.

If that fails I would suggest contacting technical support.

Sorry this didn't help.