Console connects to internet but can't contact Xbox LIVE

Hey,

My xbox is suddenly unable to connect me to Live. It gives me the "Your console is connected to the internet but can't contact XBOX LIVE"-message. The odd thing is that nothing has changed. I played earlier and shut it down normally. Booted it back up later and it wouldn't connect. All settings are the same and I have tried the whole restarting router-thingy.

Odd thing is that on my friends Xbox it says that I'm online, and that I'm inside a game (the last game I played). Xbox LIVE didn't log me off when I shut off my Xbox the first time and now it's stuck, or what? Anybody with ideas?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 69 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

My system is currently doing the same. Have tried everything. Wired to wireless. Funny thing tho, my sons xbox is still connected perfectly? Mine came up sign in status changed and I cant connect to live but its says it can to the internet.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Can you guys run the Network Test and see how it comes back? Select the "More info" option and let me know if there's anything helpful in there. Thanks!

Sorry this didn't help.

I have the same problem atm, was connecting fine had it for couple of days after trading in my ps3, MW2 and War for cybertron had worked fine online an single player, tried black ops today an it crashed, reset and crashed again this happened a couple of times, wouldnt install either got to about 48% till it said couldnt read disc. Single player on it would work fine though. whole time could still connect too XBL, went too a barbecue, come back couple of hours later an cant connect too XBL.

gets through too internet on testing than says can see internet on network but cant connect too xbl, says to reset router an stuff tried all that hasnt worked, port 3074 is already set open on my router for my xbox so isnt that, figured black ops was just a dodgy disc, so dunno why it wont connect now, was working fine earlier.

Sorry this didn't help.

Matt, does the same issue occur if you wire directly to your modem and run a LIVE connection test? And to be sure, have you tried another game besides Black Ops on LIVE?

Sorry this didn't help.

The more info tells me the console is connected to the internet but cannot contact Xbox live.  It says my router or ISP may be blocking access and to make sure port 3074 if forwarded.  I've rebooted my router and my cable modem.  The xbox itself multiple times, the port is forwarded.  I have no idea whats going on.  It was working a few hours ago without a hitch.

Sorry this didn't help.

same thing is happening to me i was just on live 40 minutes ago then i got off and then nothing. i tried to do conection test but it gets half way through xbox live part then nothing

Sorry this didn't help.

Trinitis, can you try wiring your console directly to the modem, restarting the modem, and then running another LIVE connection test? If the same issue occurs, please give you ISP a call and then let us know what they say. If it doesn't resolve the issue, please post back here and we'll go from there.

Sorry this didn't help.

I am having the same problem and it started earlier today. Everything was the same in my config, was online and watching netflix. I left home and came back and had been disconnected. Tryed to log back in and got same message. Reset my entire network and still no joy just this message "Your console is connected to the Internet but can’t contact Xbox LIVE". When I connect to my modem directly I can connect to live however. The problem is that I have had no problem connecting through my router for months and now with no changes on my part it doesn't work. The fact that others are seeing this problem and it occured around the same time means this is no coincidence. Please look into this matter. Also I can login to my account on the website with my PC.

PS. My ISP is Mediacom? Could they be having a problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey what is your Internet Service Provider?

Sorry this didn't help.

Iev noticed the guy above me has Mediacom. I am also having the problem and 3 other people I've seen also say they have Mediacom.

Mine works fine directly connected to the modem, but then through the router it wont work.  ITs not the router or ports or anything because  I havent changed anything. It just stopped working on its own.

Sorry this didn't help.