Console Can't connect to xbox live and now Error 80704DC

When I try to sign in to my account it says my console can't connect to xbox live, When I test the xbox live connection it shows that it can connect to xbox live.

I also tried another account on my xbox and it can connect just fine to xbox live. Now I just tried recovering my profile to see if that would help but I get Error code 80704DC. Now my account is gone from my xbox console.

I have talk to two Agents on the matter. Here is what I have done.

Agent 1

I check for corrupted data and deleted any, Clear the Cache, and tried downloading my profile to just my hard drive and my USB.

Agent 2

Clear the cache twice, Updated my Windows live information, and change my password.

I also tried using a 48 hour Gold card like some people did in this thread http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/xbox_support/f/12/t/220212.aspx?PageIndex=1 But it didn't work.

I'm started to think it has something to do with accounts that don't have a credit card on the account and/or auto renew on.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 93 Applies to:

Hi MOHAAPlayer. I understand that you're both encountering the 80704DC error code, correct? If this is the case can you please each create a new thread for us and explain exactly when and where you see it? This will enable us to begin the troubleshooting process. Thanks!

Grymsko, it seems like you're seeing this while playing a Games for Windows LIVE title. For this can you please visit the Games for Windows LIVE forums here and post about your issue: forums.xbox.com/.../default.aspx ? You'll receive the best support for your particular situation there.

Thanks in advance!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I've had this issue for a while now too, and the support cannot do anything to help. I tried to download my profile on a friend's console but that did no good either. The problem appeared after I ran out of Xbox Gold Membership and I tried to login to Age of Empiers Online through Windows Live. It has been a while since this problem occured and I have since then figured that the only way to play again is the create a new Gamertag because the support has been aware of this issue for years without a proper way to solve the problem. That a big company like Microsoft should have these long-lasting problems is a shame. It's an obvious account issue that they are unable to solve on their part.

Sorry this didn't help.

Is there any info on this? I can't use this account on my 360 because of this error code!

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there Ace, thank you for the information. We're currently investigating this issue, and hope to have more information to share soon.

Sorry this didn't help.

I can download other profiles just fine.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there Ace, very sorry that we missed your reply! Okay, are there any other profiles on your console that you can try downloading (rather than simply connecting to LIVE), to see if they come up with the same error? if not, would you be able to create a free account, delete it from the console, and then try re-downloading it? Let us know, and we'll go from there! :-)

Sorry this didn't help.

bump

Sorry this didn't help.

No, I didn't run into error messages when I sign in. When I tried downloading my profile I till get 80704DC.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there Ace! I'm sorry to hear you are having issues with this error code. Some folks have noted that logging in to https://login.live.com has helped alleviate this issue. Please try that out, and let me know if you run into any error messages while trying that. Then try downloading your profile again. Let us know if that helps, thanks!

Sorry this didn't help.