Console Banned

I bought my Xbox 360 console over 2 years ago brand new from bestbuy (i was on waiting list for white console for over 2 weeks), at that point I didnt have internet, in 2010, I finally sign up with internet, so I the decided to hook up the internet to my xbox, boom, banned, ok, so I called the video store that I usual go to (they rent movies and games, its club video tron), and they went step by step with me to connect the internet to my console, then a message came up, they told me its because you have slow speed internet, so I said ok what ever, so now 2011, I went to the store and 90% of the games need windows Live, so I tell the guy at the store that live wont work with me because my internet is slow, he said what??, I then went home after buying the game and called him, he made sure all cables are connected proparly, then I read him the message, he said I have to call Live because my console is banned, so I called the fabulous customer support, they helped me setup a Live account because I didnt have one, they bounced me on to 6 different people including 2 supervisors, for an hour and a half, they said they dont know why I was banned, and they said they want another chance, then the last guy I talked to said to right here on the forum

So here I am writing on the forum and I hope this is also not a wase of my time.

P.S. I have another xbox console that is not banned and plus my playstation 3.

Thanks,

Stephanie.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 7 Applies to:

Closing the stable door after the horse has bolted here but are you absolutely sure that console was brand new and not a used one (we don't have BestBuy over here so I don't know if they sell used consoles)?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Best buy only sells new electronics

Thanks

Sorry this didn't help.

Xbox will not discuss console bans. They'll only direct you to this website - www.xbox.com/.../consoleban

Once banned, a console will not be unbanned.

Sorry this didn't help.

Many retailers would like you to think they ONLY sell brand new products. It isn't beyond them to resell a returned item as brand new if the customer who returned it told them nothing was wrong with it or they themselves didn't check it out before they resold it.

Sounds like you got a brand new console that the previous owner did something on to warrant it being permanently banned from XBL, that would make it a USED console. And your only recourse would be to talk to the retailer and see what, if anything, they are wiling to do for you. Once MS bans a console from XBL it is permanent and it is never undone.

One thing I would suggest trying to make sure it is not just a malfunction of either your network equipment or the console software I would download the latest system update and install it manually. The instructions on how to do so via your PC and a disc or USB drive can be found Update your console software.

If that does not work you would need to talk to the retailer about an exchange/refund. Just be aware that they are not obligated to do anything about it considering the amount of time that has passed since you first realized it would not connect to Live and now, regardless of what the salesperson at that time told you.

Sorry this didn't help.