Console Banned?

My boys (ages 12, 10, and 7) have been playing on xbox live, halo reach and mw2.  One day they could play and the next they get a message that the console has been banned.  I was told from customer service at xbox that i should have received an email or message about this, which we didn't get unless it went to junk mail.  As a parent i've talked with them about who they have been playing with and what they have been doing and can't understand what they've done that would cause the console to be banned.  I always tell them not to accept invites from people they dont know and they say they haven't.  I'd like to get some info from someone that could help me understand why my console has been banned.

Thanks,  James

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

your not alone go to http://xboxban.blogspot.com/  

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

[quote user="SlimJimTheMan"]My boys (ages 12, 10, and 7) have been playing on xbox live, halo reach and mw2.[/quote]That's questionable... Halo's one thing, but MW2? Anywho, MW2's playerbase is pretty seedy. I wouldn't be surprised if your kids did something they shouldn't have after conversing with ... well anyone who plays MW2.[quote]and can't understand what they've done that would cause the console to be banned.[/quote]All it takes are Google, YouTube, and a USB memory unit.[quote]they say they haven't.[/quote]Kids lie.

Sorry this didn't help.

Key phrase before the listed offences is "but not limited to".

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi there! Unfortunately Support agents will not be able to help you out with this issue. The only people who deal with this type of thing is the Enforcement Staff. Depending on your issue, please refer to one of the following links. Thank you!

For account suspensions, please post in forums.xbox.com/.../41.aspx.

For console bans, please read http://xbox.com/consoleban.

For "marketplace theft" issues, please read forums.xbox.com/.../62589.aspx.

For general info on violations and penalties, please read support.xbox.com/.../terms-of-use-conduct.

Sorry this didn't help.

Yes, I've read the info from http://www.xbox.com/consoleban, and we have done none of those things listed.  I went to http://xboxban.blogspot.com/ and i plan on submitting complaints with those organizations.  We did nothing wrong guess i need to go cancel my pre order for mw3, cuz this is bs!

Sorry this didn't help.

Console bans do not just happen for any reason, if they banned the console that means something very serious has come to light of the enforcement team because the enforcement team will not ban  someones account because someone has complained against their account, nor will they ban a console to get you to buy a new console, honestly if they were to ban your console thinking that they would get you to purchase a new console I'd say around 50% would not in fact purchase a new console, and in fact Microsoft would lose business by doing this via xbox live subscriptions, marketplace downloads, microsoft points, etc. If this person in question in fact did not do anything to be console banned then he should get in contact from the person that had prior owned the said console!

Sorry this didn't help.

I have a freind who purchsed a console about 1 year ago used his 1 free month xbox live sub and has been silver since it ran out  he has also ever owned 1 game and they banned his console on sept 6th so smart guy how would he violate the terms of use or any of the console bans since he is only 12

Sorry this didn't help.

Unfortunately Xbox Support and the Xbox Live Policy Enforcement Team have an official closed-book policy of not discussing Console Bans in any capacity. You can find out more about Console Bans at http://www.xbox.com/consoleban

Sorry this didn't help.

try this microsoft should not be allowed to ban somthing you purchased. www.abingtonlaw.com/Xbox-Live-class-action.html

Sorry this didn't help.