console banned

Tried to log on to xbox live and an alert came up and said the console is banned. I got the console a couple of years ago brand new and all I do is netflix, facebook and play cod mw online. I have never modified anything on the console so what's the deal?!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Microsoft is in a ban Wave and ripping off innocent people right now...

To bad they have a bs tos.. because this is boarder line illegal ..

Many people have had consoles banned for no reason in the last week  and they refuse to answer anyone on cosole bans.

its there why of saying hey we can f legit players and there isent anything  ya can do about it  but buy a new console..

Freaking scam artist is what they are at this point,.,,

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

It seemed to happen the same time they had that service alert about the east coast having connection problems. Maybe there is more going on than they what to admit to. Or are thrying to figure out what the hell is going on. All I know is I don't want to have to buy a new system!!!!!

Sorry this didn't help.

i have recently gone through the same thing. I spoke with an attorney and if we get enough people. we can open a class action lawsuit. Just the fact that they dont discuss the issue they would ban someones system is an illegal procedure. Just like a job cant fire an employee without informing them of why. Im trying to get this lawsuit started asap

Sorry this didn't help.

Microsoft do not un-ban previously banned consoles as they are permanent. They do not ban people's consoles/accounts lightly, they do so after several investigations.

The most common reason for a banned console is modifying it, but there are other reasons such as marketplace theft.

You might want to post in section 14 in order to get an official answer. Although they might just delete your thread and post a link like below as they do not discuss console bans.

Console Ban

You might also want to check out this thread.

Sorry this didn't help.

This has been going around and many are confused and frustrated.  You can check the above links provided by Sonic Scream 07.  There is more discussion going on at the Facebook page for xbox.com in the discussions section.  If you find the information in total insufficient I encourage you to take a look at our petition.

www.change.org/.../microsoft-wrongly-banning-xbox-consoles-from-acessing-xbox-live

Sorry this didn't help.