Console banned but we're still paying?!

Just realised as Microsoft have only banned our consoles and not our gamertags, they're still charging us!!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

yes, you can still use the xbox live account on an unbanned console, so your Live account is still active.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Please use some common sense here, so your upset they have not banned your gamer tag too?.
If they banned your account you would have lost everything tied to it, LIVE time DLC, MSP everything and your complaining that they have not?. But if you want it banned I guess you could message them and ask if they would be so kind as to do that for you.

If you use a pre paid membership subscription then the time will continue to go down as usual, if you use a C/C then cancel the auto renewal if thats what you want to do.

Also be aware if you keep spamming the forums with the same thing you could end up having action taken against your account anyway.

Sorry this didn't help.

Spamming the forums = replying to posts?

And why havn't they banned our accounts then? I care more that my £200 xbox doesn't work anymore than my saved games.

Sorry this didn't help.

I do not know, maybe because they had no need too?, you have been informed that this forum is not the place you are going to get any answers to these questions.

That question was answered as best as is possible in your other thread (the one you created today about your console ban), the very same one you could have added this latest revelation too.
That's why its considered spamming OP. I was just letting you know, nothing more.

I would consider myself lucky its not banned and I lost everything I had purchased. I do not understand why someone would complain their profile was not banned as well as their console?. Like I said you could ask them if they would though if it means a lot to you!, its an option.

Sorry this didn't help.

they could ban both your gt and your console at the same time, they just have never done that before.

If they ban your gamertag, you lose out on whatever time you have left on your live subscription, your save games, any avatar marketplace you bought, and any DLC that are tied only to your gamertag.

Sorry this didn't help.

Dollars to donuts I'd say the people who have been console banned have been account banned too. Usually when you're account banned you're also banned from the forums too but this doesn't apply to the support section because they need to be able to post in "my xbox account was suspended"

Sorry this didn't help.

no their accounts are not account banned.

As you say they arealso  banned on the forums if their account is banned.  For them to post on any forum including "my xbox account was suspended", they need to create a new account, and refer to the banned gamertag in their post.

so in this case, their gamertags are not banned, because they can use their gamertags here.

Sorry this didn't help.

Gamertags are only banned if the gamertag was caught doing something, this has to do with the XBOX physically. Some people's who's consoles were banned their gamertags were also banned as well. They are separate, they don't go hand in hand. If you still have your XBOX Live account active then you can go and purchase a new XBOX 360 and stop doing whatever you were doing before to get your account banned. If you don't want to use your XBOX Live account you can simply call them up and cancel the automatic renewal on the account since that's not automatic regardless of your console getting banned, it's just simple facts I'm not going to sugar coat anything anymore. Getting tired of seeing 15 threads about the same thing about someone saying they are so innocent yet there's clearly something they were caught doing with their pants on the ground.

Sorry this didn't help.