Console ban

My 12 year old also got on XBox Live this morning and received a message saying "Console has been banned for violating terms of use."  He played yesterday and it was fine.  It's the same console and account we have had for at least 6 years. The thing has been sent back 3 times for the ROD.I would like to know why my console was banned. The time, date, game played and action that caused the ban. I know it was not for using; a modded console, attempted theft or using a bug to download, offensive or vulgar language, or an improper avatar. The only other thing it can be is playing in a modded game. I'm not aware of playing in a modded game. I however have a 12 year old who also plays but he says he hasn't played in a modded game. I don't think the user should be punished for what they do not know and if it's something my 12 year old has done I need to be able to explain it to him so it doesn't occur again on a new console. I just cannot refer him to read the terms of use agreement.

This is very poor customer service on the part of xbox. All other services will provide a detailed explanation as to the ban. This is helpful to the user to make them aware of the infraction so it will not be repeated. Someone who posted in another thread used a very good example of the police writing a ticket but not telling you what you were getting it for. Without the knowledge of what is causing the ban users will continue to make the same mistakes.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 50 Applies to:

They wont tell us why our console is ban..But we found answer to that problem..We are all contacting the media about this...The more the media get about this console ban then will report it all on the internet...Then microsoft will have to do sum about it....

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Microsoft do not un-ban previously banned consoles as they are permanent. They do not ban people's consoles/accounts lightly, they do so after several investigations.

The most common reason for a banned console is modifying it, but there are other reasons such as marketplace theft.

You might want to post in section 14 in order to get an official answer. Although they might just delete your thread and post a link like below as they do not discuss console bans.

Console Ban

You might also want to check out this thread.

Sorry this didn't help.

What I find upsetting is to know just how little they respect us now..

HAS ANYONE EVEN RECEIVED THIS MYSTERY LETTER PROMISED TO CLARIFY OUR CONCERNS??

I mean, we've ALL BEEN FINED AT LEAST $199 for these "100% UNDENIABLE & UNQUESTIONABLE VIOLATIONS"

So, I guess I'm just guilty. Case closed. Hopefully I won't make whatever mistakes I'm accused of again..

whatever they may be, however far-fetched & directly opposing my beliefs that I'm a decent person who deserves better than the coldly stated...

You're wrong. STFU STFU We NEVER are!! We NEED NO Proof. Blah Blah...

Repeat repeat repeat. Fail Fail Fail. YOU ARE 100% UNWORTHY OF RESPECT!! Forever Ever Ever

Repeat a lie enough times, It becomes 100% irrefutable evidence you are a lying cheating thief!!

END OF STORY!

Sorry this didn't help.