Console Ban

My console has been banned. I have never knowingly cheated on XBOX LIVE. My account is still active (obviously) and I have a five-star feedback rating. I do not glitch, I do not mass-message with the promise of prestige lobbies, etc. I have never opened my XBOX-360 and I have never modified it (I wouldn't know what I was doing, anyways). I was on the phone with XBOX customer support for an hour last night and called WalMart this morning to ask about if Warranty Logistics, whom I sent my XBOX-360 in to for repairs recently, *COULD HAVE* modified my XBOX 360 to where it has been deemed "modified" and un-fit for play on XBOX LIVE. Their response was, "We will look into your complaint and get back to you on Tuesday. Have a lovely Labor Day Weekend."

About five days ago, I sent an e-mail to a Microsoft employee (who will remain nameless for the time being) about three gamers that I noticed cheating on XBOX LIVE. I filed several complaints (for the same infraction) against the three of them on XBOX LIVE because they were cheating and it was obnoxious and ruining mine and my friends' favorite game. Having read this article AFTER filing the complaints: http://kotaku.com/362810/the-xbox-live-police , I realized that since I filed more than one complaint for the same infraction that my complaints were "automatically binned." So, I took action and e-mailed a person in charge (employee of Microsoft) hoping that he/she would take appropriate actions and contact me via e-mail to let me know what they uncovered during their investigation into these known cheaters that I and several of my XBOX LIVE friends encountered. Next thing I know, I'm console banned. I found out yesterday evening after I got home from work.

Please, someone, tell me why I've been banned. This is the most outrageous thing that has ever happened to me. Again, I have never modified my XBOX 360 and I have never knowingly cheated on XBOX LIVE.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

1) Filing complaints on the same user gets them binned, not complaints in the same category on different users.

2) If anyone that isn't Microsoft repairs an Xbox, console ban. If Walmart fixed it themselves rather than sending it to Microsoft, then there's your reason.

3) There is no contesting console bans. They are all final.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks, Toad. I think that I might have a case with WalMart and their "warranty repair" provider, Warranty Logistics.

If that's the reason that I'm banned (and not for sending a non-threatening, non-violent, totally reasonably worded e-mail that I can and will provide at Microsoft's request) then hopefully WalMart will provide me with a new console. Do you think it's more plausible that since Warranty Logistics "repaired" my XBOX 360 that's the reason I've been banned or do you think it has to do with my e-mail?

Sorry this didn't help.

They certainly wouldn't ban you for the e-mail, they can't give you any details about any investigations carried out either even if you filed the complaints. Your only way to see if said people have been banned is if they're desperate/arrogant enough to post in Account Suspensions. Before you take action against Walmart/Warranty Logistics you'll want to make sure they're actually repairing the console in house and not just sending the console off to Microsoft to be repaired. If they are repairing in house you'll want to check that if they're a Microsoft approved repairer.

Sorry this didn't help.

I can't find any information on whether or not Warranty Logistics is an official partner with Microsoft or not...

I have seen where other customer have had problems with them:

asurion-insurance.pissedconsumer.com/walmart-the-so-called-warranty-logistics-asurion-20110329229446.html

forums.sma1.co.uk/.../1

boards.ign.com/.../p1

I'm hoping that WalMart and/or Warranty Logistics will provide me with a new console.

Can anyone out there tell me whether or not Warranty Logistics is partnered with Microsoft!? I can't find anything...

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi! If your console has been suspended, it is due to a gross violation of the Xbox LIVE Terms of Use or Code of Conduct identified by the Xbox LIVE Policy and Enforcement team. This thread is now locked, as this is not open for discussion on the Xbox Support forums. You can post in the forum titled " 14 My Xbox LIVE Account was suspended . " 

For more information on Console Suspensions, please visit: http://www.xbox.com/en-US/consoleban 

Sorry this didn't help.