console ban - request a new console

Microsoft will be replacing our console as they have banned this console incorrectly. I have asked for the enforcement team to re-investigate the ban but Microsoft apparently dont have that process!!! Big rich bullies, replace my console thank you very much

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

That won't happen. When an account or console are permanently banned from the XBL service it is because one or the other has violated the digital contracts that the user has agreed to. Once that happens everything is considered forfeit, is not transferable and is not refundable.

They used to re-investigate console bans, but they stopped doing that because they found that their first investigation was indeed correct. All it did was waste their time and it ended badly for the subscriber because they were warned a second investigation if found correct would result in all the accounts on that console being permanently banned as well. So not only did the subscriber lose the consoles ability to connect to XBL but all of their accounts as well.

I bet if they did offer that still many of the people claiming innocence would not be so bold as to go forward with it. Not with that much at risk.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Microsoft do not un-ban previously banned consoles as they are permanent. They do not ban people's consoles/accounts lightly, they do so after several investigations.

The most common reason for a banned console is modifying it, but there are other reasons such as marketplace theft.

You might want to post in section 14 in order to get an official answer. Although they might just delete your thread and post a link like below as they do not discuss console bans.

Console Ban

You might also want to check out this thread.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.