Console Ban Inquiry

I recently received a console ban (although I am unable to discern the date of which this occurred, as I have not been playing for roughly a week), and I am one-hundred percent positive that I have not violated the Terms of Service in any way, shape, or form. I know the PET uses various methods to scope out those who modify consoles, and I was thinking about something that may have triggered my name to pop up on a list (if that's how it works) of people who modified their console.

A couple of months ago I participated in a Microsoft beta that gave participants a Halo Reach disk that had coding in it. The beta was intended to see how past Xbox's could deal with running software that was capable of reading new, larger discs (as far as my understanding goes -- the main purpose for my participating in the beta was receiving a copy of Halo Reach).

Could an enforcement agent kindly respond? I truly have not broken the ToS in any way, and I have just renewed by subscription to LIVE and I would rather it not go to waste.

Thanks,

Audi7or

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 12 Applies to:

To be honest with you, the xbox staff can not do anything with perma-banned consoles. Xbox does double check before banning you to make sure there is nothing messed up. If they banned your console they banned it for a reason. Now complaining and posting on here will not help you get un-banned. Hope this helps with your question.

-TG TRYHARD

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I'm not necessarily complaining more than trying to figure out why my console was banned. It's one thing to have my console banned for a legitimate reason that the Enforcement Team would gladly share with me (and the hundreds of people this is happening to), but a complete injustice to blatantly cancel a service that I pay for without letting me know why.

For all any of us know, the Enforcement Team could just be looking to get kicks or meet a quota on people they have to ban.

Sorry this didn't help.

Yes I understand what you mean. If the enforcement team have some kind of feeling that you could be doing something that is against the terms of use they have the right to ban you and or your console. They don't even have to give you the exact reason.

-TG TRYHARD

Sorry this didn't help.

It's not so much a feeling as cold hard evidence that there was wrong doing. Being in the Reach beta wouldn't have flagged anything, they would've known about you being in the beta and having that disc.

Sorry this didn't help.

But I haven't done anything wrong. I'm polite to players, have never engaged in a modded or hacked lobby in a game, or performed any software or hardware modifications on my console.

The beta I participated it (that was officially performed by Microsoft) is the only reason I can think of as to why my console would be banned. If that is, in fact, the case, then Microsoft is performing multiple counts of fraud.

Sorry this didn't help.

Well man the best I can say is to just get a new xbox. There is nothing anyone can do to help you on this site. Maybe try calling 1800 4 my xbox. They may be able to help you more on this issue.

-TG TRYHARD

Sorry this didn't help.

The PET can throw the hundreds of people posting on these forums and I a bone and tell us why we were unjustly banned.

It's unacceptable to say "sorry, console ban, nothing you can do but continue to buy our product and hope it doesn't happen again."

I do appreciate your suggestions, though. Much more helpful than those who preach of cold, hard evidence, even in spite of it not being presented to those accused of modifying their console.

Sorry this didn't help.

Man, I don't work for microsoft. I want to one day but I wish I could help you more. Just the fact is I can't. Other than that have a great day.

-TG TRYHARD

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

Sorry but this is not the correct forum for your query :(

Forum - 02 - Connecting to Xbox LIVE is to ask about issuing relating to Xbox live connectivity, if you have been banned that is the reason you cannot connect

For account suspensions, please post in forums.xbox.com/.../41.aspx

For console bans, please read http://xbox.com/consoleban

For "marketplace theft" issues, please read forums.xbox.com/.../62589.aspx

For general info on violations and penalties, please read support.xbox.com/.../terms-of-use-conduct

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi there! Unfortunately Support agents will not be able to help you out with this issue. The only people who deal with this type of thing is the Enforcement Staff. Depending on your issue, please refer to one of the following links. Thank you!

For account suspensions, please post in forums.xbox.com/.../41.aspx.

For console bans, please read http://xbox.com/consoleban.

For "marketplace theft" issues, please read forums.xbox.com/.../62589.aspx.

For general info on violations and penalties, please read support.xbox.com/.../terms-of-use-conduct.

Sorry this didn't help.