Console Ban Information: needed

My console ID is 072679782390

I was wondering as to the general reason why my console was banned, not exactly why but the general reason as to why the console was banned; if i need to contact the person who sold me his used xbox. I was not informed that my account/console was under investigation nor do I know if it's standard to notify people who are under investigation. I know that a console ban is non-reverseable and that I will need to buy a new console to reconnect to xbox live, I know that the two accounts I have been paying xbox live for are still gold memberships and that, when recovered on another xbox, that they are fine and can be used on other xbox's

so if I could get the General Reason as to why the console was banned (not a specific reason just a general one) I would appreciate it so I could contact the person I bought it from I would appreciate it, and I was also wondering if I were to buy an S-model xbox if I could use the transfer cable to transfer all my save data to the new xbox along with DLC or if I would have to recover my Gamertag and re-download all my DLC. 

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

If you bought the console used, and just logged in, then I imagine the previous owner got issued a ban and traded it to a vendor (or you) and just...forgot...to mention it was banned.  I am puzzled why you are not asking for a specific reason like all the others...

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I won't get a specific answer I just need to know if i was accused of modding or something like that so I can notify the seller, I have had the xbox for about 6 months and it's been fine and I haven't had a single issue with Xbox live for the three years i've had it I think I had a one day ban from XBL because of explicit language in my bio but that was about a year ago other than that I haven't had any issues with XBL nor have I had any complaints from anyone really and like I said my account is recoverable on other xbox's

Sorry this didn't help.

Microsoft do not un-ban previously banned consoles as they are permanent. They do not ban people's consoles/accounts lightly, they do so after several investigations.                   

The most common reason for a banned console is modifying it, but there are other reasons such as marketplace theft.

You might want to post in section 14 in order to get an official answer. Although they might just delete your thread and post a link like below as they do not discuss console bans.

Console Ban

You might also want to check out this thread.  

Sorry this didn't help.

I cannot find a single thread on here, google, bing or any other website which constitutes a "Xbox market place theft" if someone could further explain this to me it would be helpful, and I checked out your thread and couldn't find anything that explained what is a "mod" or "XBL Marketplace theft"

and i am still wondering about the ability to transfer all DLC and saves from my old xbox to the new one I will have to eventually buy.

Sorry this didn't help.

You could buy a new key vault...

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

Sorry but this is not the correct forum for your query :(

For account suspensions, please post in forums.xbox.com/.../41.aspx

For console bans, please read http://xbox.com/consoleban

For "marketplace theft" issues, please read forums.xbox.com/.../62589.aspx

For general info on violations and penalties, please read support.xbox.com/.../terms-of-use-conduct

Sorry this didn't help.