Console Ban for no reason!!!

My wife and I tried to log onto xbox live this evening to watch a movie on Netflix and recieved the following Message: 

"This console has been banned for violations of the Terms of Use. To protect the Xbox LIVE service and its members, Microsoft does not provide details about console bans. There is no recourse for Terms of Use violations."

We checked on Xbox live website to try to figure out why we would be recieving this message and it said that our consule was banned for violating one of the following things:

"Consoles can be suspended from Xbox LIVE for a number of reasons including, but not limited to:

• Console tampering: Physically opening the Xbox and modifying it to play illegitimate software.
  • Online fraud: Attempting to social engineer users, take over Xbox LIVE accounts, or other fraudulent activities.
  • Repeat egregious violations: Multiple actions taken on accounts on the console by the Enforcement team for disrupting the service or impacting users."

After contacting customer support by phone we were directed to the forums website to post our problem on here.  They told us they don't have any information on consule bans and that they are handled by the people on there and they should be able to tell you what is going on.  I thought that this was a little strange.  Don't you work for the same company?  So here I am, why was our consule banned?  And why do I now have a $300+ paper weight sitting in my living room?

I see that I am not the only one experiencing this problem.  There are several posts by people with the same strory, "I havn't violated the terms of service, and I've been banned."  I am in the same boat.  Neither my wife or myself have done anything to violate the above referrenced Terms Of Use from your website so I would like some answers.  I have read several posts stating that the problem might be caused by scratched discs etc.  We have a 360 arcade version and have had some trouble with it reading the disc in the past.  Sometimes it takes five or ten minutes before the game will load.  We did install the games directly onto the consule which is a "legal" option in the xbox menu and that seemed to somewhat resolve the problem.  I should also note that we had to purchase the xbox hard drive that mounts on the side to do this.  Maybe our disc was scratched and it kicked up an error that we were playing a stolen disc.  I have no Idea.  You all are the professionals on this so I'm going to let you figure it out.   

It just seems like with all of the posts on this forum that the problem is on your end and and not ours and we realy don't appreciate being jerked around like this without any warning.   I think that xbox should review its policy for banning consule and rendering them unusable.  It's really not a good business practice.  It only irritated me more seeing all of the other posts on this forum with very little response from xbox on this issue.  I really don't like be told that we can't use something that we paid good money for without any type of justification or explanation. 

Our Gamer Tag is:  InsaneZeyn 

Thank you in advance for looking into this issue.  Looking forward to your response!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 29 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

You need to make your post here. I have to warn you though console bans are final and are looked into thoroughly before they go forward with them. The recent rash of "ive been banned unfairly" posts are mostly users that are try to get out of the suspension. From what i've been reading the people that have been stealing content are the ones being hit with the ban. So is it possibly someone used your console and did something they weren't supposed to? Also you can go to www.xbox.com/consoleban to get more information on console bans. 

Good luck

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Thank you for the reply.  No our consule hasn't left our home since we purchased it 2 years ago, nobody else has used it, and we haven't done anything to mod our consule or profile to steal content.  Neither of us have the technical know how to accomplish such tasks nor would we want to.  We are both working professionals that have no reason to steal anything.  This is a bunch of bull I reposted this on the other forum as you suggested.  

Sorry this didn't help.

Microsoft doesn't discuss Console Bans.  There is no one on these forums to help you unfortunately.

Your 3 main options are:

1)  Use the banned console off line (no LIVE)

2)  Buy a new one, and transfer everything over (arcade games, save games, profiles, etc.) ...

3)  Don't use XBOX products.

Sorry this didn't help.

Microsoft do not un-ban previously banned consoles as they are permanent. They do not ban people's consoles/accounts lightly, they do so after several investigations.

The most common reason for a banned console is modifying it, but there are other reasons such as marketplace theft.

You might want to post in section 14 in order to get an official answer. Although they might just delete your thread and post a link like below as they do not discuss console bans.

Console Ban

You might also want to check out this thread. 

Sorry this didn't help.

Yes this has happend to me too. Is trhere any way to find ouut more info?

Sorry this didn't help.

Go through the proper agencies and file complaints this will get your XBOX unbanned and bring down Microsofts credibility go to http://xboxban.blogspot.com

Sorry this didn't help.

Oh for god sake. Filing complaints with the proper agencies will not get your console unbanned.

Sorry this didn't help.

Just like the last time MS did a mass ban it will quiet down after a few days/week. When they did the mass bans during the launch of MW2 people proclaimed their innocence, threatened lawsuits and posted the same crap over and over again. A few days/week later all the posts stopped. I wish the moderators would clean up the boards a little bit and start consolidating the threads. Maybe make some of the boards require moderator approval before the post shows up like they do with the policy enforcement board.

Sorry this didn't help.

So true I2ndShenanigans, can't wait for these people to go away.

Sorry this didn't help.

To I2ndShenanigans and Jadamon.  I hope that this happens to you!!  I will pray for this to happen to you!!  Just so you can see how unjust this method of banning a consule really is.   And then you might be singing a different tune.  I know what your response is going to be, "I would never do anything that would violate the TOU so this will never happen to me" welcome to my world boys!!

Sorry this didn't help.