console and Hard drive problems.

My hard drive started malfuntioning after a microsoft software update. All my saved games were lost. After redownloading 5 years worth of stuff my console started freezing and not starting most of the time. The console works perfectly when the hard drive is removed. So its clearly a hardware issue and im nine days past the warranty. Im really pissed at microsoft products right now. Ive sent in two consoles to get fixed in the past. I own four xbox 360s. Ive just lost thousands hours of gameplay and my 4 year old sons profile due to a faulty product in combination with an update, and microsofts solution is for me to shell out another $130 for another hard drive. Awesome. This is how a loyal xbox owner and xbox live subscriber of 5 years is treated? Why should microsoft get anymore of my money after this?  12-16 update. Now my console isn't reading games discs or dvds. So hey thanks a lot Microsoft! My 3rd console that I have to ship away just in time for the holiday season. Funny how everything was fine with my machine until I downloaded a MICROSOFT update and it seems like many other people on here are having similar problems. I'll b surprised if this post isn't filtered out and deleted... again. Happy holidays Microsoft and it's moderators!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Hi,

Sorry you're having issues with your Console.

I notice you're not the luckiest one that owns a Xbox Console.

I'm sorry to say that, but are you buying your Console from a verified retailer or E-Store?

About the Update:

Like you and a lot more noticed that the Update causes your Console to freeze.

A possible solution was to download the Update from your computer, copying it to a Flash Dtive, copying it to your Xbox Console and it install it.

Met vriendelijke groet,

Rick N.,
DummyArbiter010

borntolearn.mslearn.net
microsoft.com/learning

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I bought my console on Amazon from Amazon not a third party seller. Yes I  was on the phone with xbox hardware support for over 90 min. re installing and downloading stuff. I tried the flashdrive method but my Hard drive performance has not changed and the system wont even turn on most of the time when the hard drive is connected. So just trying to get to the settings where I can manage my downloads and storage devices is a crap shoot. Ty for trying to help though.

Sorry this didn't help.

Actually, when it comes to xbox stuff, Amazon itself has given many people bad luck.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Zombie,

I do agree with Jameser87. Amazon in not the best retailer in Xbox stuff.

If you bought all of your Xboxes from Amazon, I suggest to try for once another retailer.

There're a lot of verified shops that sell Xboxes for the same price and they may be even better.

You can read before you buy a new Console or somthing else the reviews, at least that's what I do. I want to know if the quality of the Xbox is good and if it's not too expensive.

If there are now reviews been displayed for that product you're looking for, you can check out other products on the same site and see if they have a positive review. If yes, then it's a good shot to buy the Xbox without review, if not, I recommend to search for another internet shop, or just ask on a Forum if that site sells good quality of Xbox Stuff.

Met vriendelijke groet,

Rick N.,
DummyArbiter010

borntolearn.mslearn.net
microsoft.com/learning

Sorry this didn't help.

Yes, the hard drive could be at fault, because you got it off amazon. I'd advise buying an ACTUAL xbox Hard drive from an ACTUAL xbox MS retailer.

Sorry this didn't help.