Consistant lag for the past two weeks

For the past two weeks I've almost not been able to play my xbox at all. I have been randomly disconnected from live, while all other devices are properly working, even my little brothers xbox in the other room. Playing Halo 3 I'm reluctant to play for even thirty seconds without any lag, even if I can I spend the majority on a black screen because of the connection. Same goes with just about every other online game. 

Yes, I've restarted my router, re downloaded my profile, and cleared the cache on my xbox. Nothing has fixed the problem, I actually think its made it worse. 

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Hey H2s Ghost,

Is UPnP enabled on your network and supported by your network hardware? We recommend enabling UPnP if multiple consoles are connecting to the same network.

Are both consoles wireless or both wired, or one wired and one wireless? Let us know!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

What is the Make and Model Of the Device(s) that you are using and who is your ISP, Generally most devices that your ISP gives you don't support multiple consoles for the Xbox and if you just have the one device there I.E a Gateway those are generally bad for gaming and playing online. With proper UPnP settings on a device that supports multiple console(a router with PAT) you shouldn't be experiencing problem.

Mister Balloons is asking about the Wired or wireless status because your xbox may be experiencing wireless interference which is a definite possibility if you are experiencing lag and on wireless. Keep in mind your router can also be too close in some cases on wireless.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.