Consistant disconnection from Xbox live.

I keep getting disconnected from Xbox live during game play, the intervals are random I can play for 20 minutes one time and 5 the next, game makes no difference Call of Duty or battlefield3, as well if I'm watching a DVD through my 360 I'll see a message appear saying I've just been disconnected from live.

My NAT is set to open

Hard wired to a Belkin f5d8233-4v3 router

I looked up port forwarding I currently have nothing in my virtual servers and when I try to add ports 53,80,88,1863 and 3074 (as per Port Forwarding's website) I keep getting a message that says "line 1 is incorrect".

Any help appreciated.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

First, I recommend resetting your network hardware. You can reset your modem and router by unplugging power to both for about 15 seconds. When restoring power, plug the modem in first, and then wait for all of the lights on the modem to come up. When those are all active, plug in the router. Once those lights are flashing normally, go ahead and run a LIVE connection test on the console. Can you please give that a try, and then let us know how it turns out?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Yep, done that many times, doesn't change anything.

Sorry this didn't help.

Make sure you have the latest firmware: en-us-support.belkin.com/.../521

There is an ongoing issue with the belkin f5d8233-4vXXXX serie after the dashboard update in december.

I would suggest that you try a different router and see if that one works better. It worked for those people i know of that had the same problem.

Sorry this didn't help.

I had the update but I redownloaded it just to make sure, it didn't solve the issue.

Shouldn't I have open ports ?, I looked around other forums for an answer one directed me to a page about ports that should be open on my router, problem is their screen shots don't resemeble my router virtual server and when I try to add the open ports (53,80,88,1863,3074) when I click apply it tells me line 1 is incorect...

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey Blue! Have you tried following these steps? They should be tailored to your specific router: portforward.com/.../Xbox_Live_360.htm

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Miss Portia, yes I have tried to enter those settings, however when I click on apply I get the message " Line 1 is incorrect" and it won't allow me to do anything else.

I tried to enter it as "name1" and Battlefield3 both times I get the incorrect message.

Sorry this didn't help.

Also have the same disconnecting issues lately with xbox live and msnenger.. more often with messenger.  I will try the port forwarding method and get back to this thread in few days.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there Blue! Can you take a screenshot of how you are entering the info for these, perhaps there is an error in another one of the values?

Also, have you tried connecting directly to the modem with an ethernet cable? If this works, then there may be an issue with your router, either your specific one, which you should then get replaced, or the model in general. You may also want to try reaching out to Belkin's support to see if this is an issue they are aware of and can help you with.

Please let me know what you find out, thanks!

Sorry this didn't help.

Update - have not tried anything to fix the disconnecting issue.  Resolved itself, problem on M$ end most likly.  Update probably helped too.

Sorry this didn't help.