Connects to internet but not Xbox Live? Please help!

Hi there,

My xbox 360 slim is connecting via built in wireless to my router in Spain. It is able to connect most of the time to the router AND internet, but not Xbox Live. Sometimes it fails to connect to the internet when testing the connection. I have tried manually setting the DNS servers, but these are the same as automatic anyway. The same settings work for computers in the house to connect, but using a different IP address. There is no problem with the wifi on phones/iPads/laptops/computers.

I have posted an image of the settings below. Please could someone suggest something to get it working? It always says there's a DNS server connection problem, but don't know why?

Thank you!

IMAGE (CONNECTION SETTINGS): http://s21.postimg.org/mion8ag3b/photo.jpg

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Hi there D Gamer 007.

-

It sounds like your router's Wi-Fi isn't quite reaching the 360 enough to maintain connection stability. This can be attributed to a number of causes (the most common being abstruction of the Wi-Fi signal and interference from other devices).

-

Are you able to connect your 360 to the router via an ethernet cable? I'd suggest trying that first.

-

Let us know how you go with that and we can work from there.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.