Connects but auto disconnects after approx. every 10 mins

Hi,

I've been having network issues since the May console (Slim model) update and I rarely had any network issues previously for like 4 years. I've had this issue with wireless but wired is having the same issue, so what could be causing this disconnect (timeout?) issue? If I was banned, I assume I wouldn't be able to connect at all or given a message at least. Or does it automatically disconnect you after a period of inactivity?

I'm an Xbox LIVE free (Silver) member and why is my laptop which is connected to internet 24/7 (on same router) without any connection issues? Aren't Xbox Live servers similar to web servers but only for Xbox Live members with enhanced security?

I've called Xbox Support but he just went through basic troubleshooting, said Xbox servers are running and then asked me to call my ISP instead. My ISP Support said cable service is fine from their end (internet access is all good) but said they couldn't monitor Xbox connection?

Please help me resolve as this is really frustrating, many thanks in advance.

What Country/State/Province do you live in? Australia/Melbourne
Modem brand & model number: Motorola SB5101i - AU
Router brand & model number: Dlink DIR-655
Network Connection Type: Wired
If Wireless, what type of encryption are you using? 
Things you have tried: Resetting modem and wireless router
Is UPnP Enabled? Yes
Is NAT Type Open? Don't know, how do I find out?
Any Error Codes you encounter: None
What type of internet do you have? Cable 
Who is your ISP(Internet Service Provider)? Optus
When you run "Test Xbox LIVE connection" what is the exact message shown on screen? None but have had failures at Internet to Xbox Live stage

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

Hi,

What was previously connecting OK on Wired connection is now having errors with "Test Xbox LIVE Connection" at Internet to Xbox LIVE  stage -

Your console can connect to Xbox LIVE, but your router or gateway isn't properly responding to ICMP responses.

Error Status Report -

W: 0000 - 000B

X: 0001 - 8025

Y: 0000 - 0000

Z: 0000 - 0000

ID: 0005 - 0000

All this intermittent, unreliable Xbox LIVE connection is making it unusable and frustrating..., please help

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Or is it possible that his problem is just a glitch: over the last few years there have been posts of people who stated that they would be playing, then a message pops up "disconnecting in 10 minutes) or some like that.  Such posters were generally treated as having haalucinations because responders would claim that there is no such message.

Until a few months ago when a poster finally posted a pic with the message.  He reponse was something like "this is being in vestigated".  And when last I looked, that was still going on.

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm having the same intermittent connection problems. I'll boot up the 360 and have about 5/10 minutes of perfect connection, and then get disconnected straight away. PC connection is fine. It has been doing it all of last night, though it was working fine all day today until about 5 o'clock, where the intermittent issues came up.

Connection test:

Your console can connect to Xbox LIVE, but your router or gateway isn't properly responding to ICMP responses.

Error code:

W: 0000-000B

X: 0001-8005

Y: 0000-0000

Z: 0000-0000

Xbox is connected to modem via router and switch. ISP = Virgin

Sorry this didn't help.

Please try working through this guide for that exact issue.

Sorry this didn't help.