Connectivity issues on only one game

I've mentioned I've had problems before. They seem to have had only a temporary fix, though, as now every time I only get on one specific game (Halo: Reach), I have to download an update that's 2 MB. It's not that big of a deal, but I just don't want to put up with it. As well, occasionally it doesn't download the update and I get disconnected from Xbox Live. My connection seems to be fine on the other game I play (Minecraft) as I don't get disconnected there. All in all, I want to know if I can fix the update issue, if it can be fixed.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Hi, clearing the system cache should stop the constant update request, you may need to update your other games the first time you play those though. The console has a limited cache for game updates and once that's full you will be asked to update every time you play the game.

-

support.xbox.com/.../clear-system-cache

-

You may want to try restoring the network settings on your console to help with the download problem, go to settings, system, network settings, select the wired or wireless connection depending on what you use, configure network, additional settings, restore to factory defaults. Power the console off and back on and set up the wireless connection again if you use wireless, see if that helps at all.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.