Connection to Xbox Live

I am having issues staying connected to Live. It'll connect on startup, like it should, then say I go to watch Netflix, then randomly it'll kick me off of live, I go to test the connection and everything is fine.  I have no idea what's going on. I have two 360's in the house and only one is having this issue, and weird thing is, it's the one in the same room as the router and the one properly setup with and open NAT and everything.

So here's my setup: Motorola NVG510 at&t U-Verse (DSL) Gateway > Linksys WRT54GL Wireless Router > All Tablets, Computers, Laptops, and Consoles

I have heard many times that my Motorola modem is pretty horrible and I did refer to the webpage posted in the Hardware section that tells you the workaround for bridge-mode. So that is set up about as good as it's gonna work.

So, I'm not sure what else to tell ya, so if anyone needs anymore info from me, just ask. Thanks in advance.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Unplug the router and the modem for 30 seconds so the Network settings can refresh, also make sure you have your Xbox 360 turned off as well. That might help.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Been there, done that. Doesn't do the trick, unfortunetly.

Sorry this didn't help.

The Motorola is not a modem, it is a combination modem+router or 'gateway' and running every through a series of two routers (the Motorola then the Linksys) almost guarantees such a problem. I would suggest you call ATT for heir guidance in 'bridging' the gateway so your Linksys router will do all the routing.

Sorry this didn't help.

No bridging available for this gateway... the best that can be done is the directions on this site www.ron-berman.com/.../motorola-nvg510-help-page-for-att-u-verse-users

Sorry this didn't help.

Don't see anything special in the WRT54GL http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linksys_WRT54G_series#WRT54GL ... can you try just running from the WiFi baked into the NVG510? If not, then I would suggest reconfiguring the WRT54GL just as a Wireless Access Point for signal boosting purposes and let the NBG510 handle all the routing as well as the modem duties.

Sorry this didn't help.

I could disregard the Linksys router and use it as an access point but I have no idea how to set it up that way.  The Linksys is in the living room and the motorola is in the basement.  Any ideas?

Sorry this didn't help.