Connection to Xbox Live HELP NEEDED!

Hi guys!

I'm new to Xbox live and would like some help please. I have a black elite Xbox 360 with NO wireless adapter. I'm trying to use the bridge connection method were you use a Ethernet cable and a laptop with wireless connection. Problem is, when I get the tick for wired connection then test the Xbox Live connection, It says no network hardware found. I would really appreciate it if someone help me. I need to update the Xbox so I can use my Kinect 

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Hey there LovelyOcean7154.

-

For your network issue, let's start with resetting your network settings.

-

Please follow these instructions.

1. Press the Guide button on your controller, select Settings, and select System Settings.

2. Select Network Settings.

3. Select Wired Network or the name of your wireless network when the network list is displayed.

4. Select Configure Network.

5. On the Additional Settings tab, select Restore to Factory Defaults. When prompted, select Yes, Restore to Factory Defaults.

Note This resets the console's network settings only, and not other settings.

6.Turn off your console.

7. Turn on your console.

Wireless only: You will receive a message to configure wireless settings. Follow the on-screen instructions to connect to your wireless network.

-

Regarding updating your console, you can do this manually via a USB drive. You can get more info on this here.

support.xbox.com/.../system-updates-info

-

Let us know how that all works out for you and we can work from there.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.