Connection to Xbox live after looking at possible support solutions.

Okay here is the rundown. I play xbox live constantly. I am in college, on campus, and we have a specific wireless gaming network particularly for online play. I logged on yesterday for a short time and it seemed to work fine and I had no problems at that time. My xbox has been locked up in my room ever since and no one has touched it seeing how I have been studying the whole time and have had no time to log on to play nor would anyone else without me in my room. Nothing is wrong with the network, i've checked with them. I can establish a connection to xbox live and i can even see when my friends are online. I am trying to play Battle Field 3 online but it keeps disconnecting me or says i am offline after I go to the system and make sure I have established a connection. There was one time where it read that I would be able to connect and play and talk to friends tho some features may be limited. It gave an error of code 8007274c. That was only once I have seen this though. Another time I turned my xbox off and let it sit for 10 minutes (completely disconnecting every cord just for extra peace of mind that I was trying something different) I turned it back on and it connected, then when I put the game in and it loaded, it said xbox live is disconnected. Still another time, I went into system preferences and established that I had good internet connection(full signal) and that I am able to connect to xbox live which it worked. I selected to play the game on dashboard, selected my profile and went to sign into multiplayer on Battle Field 3 and that time it said I could not connect to EA games. But yet again, this has only occurred one time. I did notice that I was having issues with playing online over the past 3 days as far as being able to join games that my friends are playing. Sometimes it works, other times it does not. This has been sporadic when it occurs but I thought nothing of it and would come back later and it seemed to work. I'm running out of ideas on what to do. I have a 12month prepaid gold membership that doesn't expire any time soon and I have not done anything as far as I know that might revoke my usage from violating the terms of use. The xbox360 is fairly new seeing how I received it as a present for christmas last year. I take good care of it, i.e. away from heat or cold and liquids or moisture of any kind. It has not been dropped and when the rare occurrences that I transport it, it does not have any games in it and is in a padded case with which I am careful  I cannot think of anything else to do that may help to troubleshoot this problem.. all I wanted was to play a little bit in the little spare time I had between studying.. Please, any help for this would be great.

Thank you for your time

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

espanol creo que me anjakeado mi cuenta

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi there! I can imagine how frustrating this is, and I'd like to help. Can you let me know the things you've tried? I'm not seeing any mention of clearing the console's cache, which would be a good step. For info on how to do that, please visit: support.xbox.com/.../clear-system-cache

Sorry this didn't help.

I have in fact cleared the cache. I did that first. I even cleared old game files I never play just in case it is a memory issue. Oddly enough, I was able to successfully get on and play last night but I would much prefer if  the problem didn't continue to persist.

Sorry this didn't help.

I definitely understand! Has the issue occurred again since last night?

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm sorry I have not been able to get back to this since my last post due to holiday travel. Again it has been random. I was able to successfully log on and play with no problem at all for two days. Then out of nowhere it would not allow me to log on again and nothing had changed. Since then however, there's not been a problem.

Sorry this didn't help.