Connection to XBL not consistant & laggy gameplay, but excellent connection to the router?!

What Country/State/Province do you live in? UK (England, Buckinghamshire)
Router brand & model number:
Netgear DGN1000sp
Network Connection Type:
Wireless
If Wireless, are you using a white or black external adapter, or an internal (Xbox 360S) adapter?
White
Is UPnP Enabled?
Unknown
Is NAT Type Open?
Enabled
Who is your ISP(Internet Service Provider)?
Orange
After you run "Test Xbox LIVE connection" and click on "More info", what is the exact message shown on screen?
Everything is connected.

Basically, i just moved into a new flat and my flat mate ordered the internet connection without asking me about it... (yeah, good start...)

I have been unable to sustain a connection on XBL for over 15 minutes, and that is in a generous session. Most of the time i haven't even been able to sign in to XBL at all.

My XBOX has either excellent or very good connection to the router and my router says i have a connection to the internet.

My laptop has a connection, as i am using it to type this. But i am having problems with my Android HTC Desire HD connecting and updating apps.

I have forwarded ports, as instructed on various websites for XBL, which has made it more common to at least sign in, but still having the same problem.

When i do get online and into a game, after typically an hour of trying, the game play lags.

I did think that Orange were *** me over and sending me a terrible connection, but on my laptop i can load HD videos, large HQ pictures and other large files.

I'm not that knowledgeable about this subject, but i work as a sound engineer, so feel free to get technical. Any help what so ever would be fantastic.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 18 Applies to:

Hay there, I think you should give this link ago and let us know how you go:

support.xbox.com/.../cant-connect-to-xbox-live-wizard

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.