Connection test says i can connect, but when i sign in it disconnects immediately.

Since last Wednesday i cant connect to xbox live, i thought it was a service alert problem, and when i saw that the issue was fixed yesterday i tried it and it still didn't connect. it's like i have a whole different problem. the connection test says everything is connected but when i sign in on any account it disconnects right after, the message says that i should reset my internet or download my profile again, i tried unplugging everything from my xbox and resetting my router for 30 seconds then waiting 30 seconds to plug everything into my xbox and it didn't help. And i don't know if i should redownload my profile from live, because my account hasn't been moved to someone else's xbox since at least 6 months, but if i need to i will need some help on how to do that.

i don't know if it is an xbox live problem, an account problem, or an ISP problem. i already use a wired connection, and i even tried to connect on a wireless connection and that didn't help, i need some help before the new black ops 2 map pack comes out, i already missed out on the double xp weekend and  i am not missing out on that.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

Hey there CheyTaction. It does look like there might be some profile corruption here. The good news is that a corrupted profile is easy to fix.

- 1st: Clear system cache (Settings > System > Storage > Y button on your hard drive/MU > Clear system cache). That won't delete anything except for some install files and junk files.

- 2nd: Download your profile. Re-downloading your profile overwrites the profile that's on the console with the profile data from the Xbox LIVE server. That way it'll make sure that your profile data is fresh

What you said that you needed some help downloading your profile, what exactly is it that you need to know?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I'm having the same problem I go to load a game and it disconnects straight away but sometimes a security thing pops up but I keep getting an error code when confirming my email and password..I have all security info up to date as I had to type in a code last week.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there Luis! Try the steps above and let us know how it works for you!

Sorry this didn't help.

thank you so much Valdyr i figured out how to download my profile and it works! now i feel stupid for thinking it was the service alert and it cost me 4 days of not playing xbox.

what causes profile corruption anyway?

so i can learn to prevent it in the future

Sorry this didn't help.

Interruptions of power: overvoltages (spikes & surges) and sags (brownouts) cause the hard drive to make mistakes, and if the profile is overwritten incorrectly, you have corruption.

Sorry this didn't help.