connection problems

ive got a new xbox but i keep being prompted for  my WLID when i enter it just says this email address or password is invalid for this account which it definetly isnt i can still sign in 2 my hotmail an i just signed in to xbox.com with the same details WTF??????

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 9 Applies to:

Hi there! I'd like to help, but I'd need just a bit more info.

Where does this error occur exactly? When you turn your console on, when you try to download your profile, trying to accept new Terms of Use?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hmm. While it's incredibly uncommon, it's not unheard of for a Windows Live ID to get linked to two accounts. When it does happen, it tends to be a glitch. I'd recommend giving Xbox support a call and providing them with your Gamertag. Provided that you can verify that the account is yours, they can tell you whether this has happened to you or not.

I think it's a bit more likely that the account you're trying to access has a parent Windows Live ID on it, and that may be the email you are confusing it with. Did you set up this account when you were a minor? A really easy way to check if the email you're thinking of is actually the parent Windows Live ID would be to try to recover the Gamertag using that Windows Live ID and password. If the profile you're posting under and the profile you want to sign into show as recoverable options, the Windows Live ID is a parent ID for that account.

I hope that helps.

Sorry this didn't help.

when i try to sign in to my profile, ive just realised something else the gamertag that appears on this website is not the 1 im using on the xbox its an old gamertag that i cant access on my xbox nemore i did use the same email address to set them both up

Sorry this didn't help.