Connection Problems

We got a Xbox 360 Slim over a month ago, had the free month to LIVE and it worked perfectly. Now that expired, and we payed for a year subscription to Live.  But when I try to play live it says "Notice The current profile is not allowed to play on Xbox LIVE". Also, when I log into my live account, it says it can't connect to messenger, which I never used but still I think somethings wrong there too. I've looked at solutions, I've read the instructions, and nothing works. What's wrong?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Firstly is this account a child account if so that may be the problem playing online, secondly did you try the download profile option on the console.

Is kline3032 you're having issues playing online with as it's showing as a Silver account which would mean no xbox live play.

When the going gets tough find something easier to do.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Okay well 1. Yes I believe that there are some parental restrictions, but I don't think that's the problem. 2. I'm not sure how to do that...? And where did you see that is says I have a Silver account? It might be so, but I don't understand since I paid for the Gold (60 bucks). Well at least I tried. How do I know if it didn't go through? Thanks for the reply!

Sorry this didn't help.

If there are parental controls on the account and/or the account is a child account you will have issues playing on Live, your Gamertag in your posts here is written in silver text ( take a look at mine and you will see it's written in gold, this shows if you have gold or silver membership ) if you are silver then that may well be the cause of your error about the profile not being allowed to play on Live.

When you purchased the Gold upgrade are you sure you applied it to the correct profile? it could be that if you were signed into a different profile and upgraded that profile to gold, you can check your billing status HERE to verify if you did indeed succeed in upgrading to gold.

To recover your profile......Press the guide button when on the dashboard, press X to log out of any profile you may be signed in with, you should see the Download Profile option.

When the going gets tough find something easier to do.

Sorry this didn't help.