Connection Problem

Hello, I am posting this in regards to a connection issue that I am having with my xbox 360.  When I try to sign in to live on my account, bondoghini, I get an error message stating that I cannot connect to Xbox live, select test connection to troubleshoot.  I select test connection and I am told to choose between a wired network or wireless network.  My xbox is connected on a wired network so I choose that option however when I do the xbox doesn't do anything but give me a message telling me to make sure my ethernet cable is connected (it is).  My modem appears to be working, I am using it to browse the internet right now and it is also working for my wireless system.  Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated.  

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

Is there any other place I can go besides this forum for help with this matter?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

It sounds like there's an issue with your ethernet port. If you've tried a different cable with the same result, then the console will need repair. You can check your warranty status and set one up here.

If you would like another avenue to discuss this issue, you can either call phone support at 800-4MY-XBOX, or send a tweet to @XboxSupport.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.