Connection or down?

Hello

As so many before me i bought live to my son for christmas. but i cant connect to any live servers, so is it down or is something wrong? I did everything that it says on the forums including manually fixed the DNS servers.

I redemed the "code" from the card online via the computer though ( not from the xbox) could that be the problem?

regardings

Fredrik

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Xbox live is up and running, when you do the Live test exactly where does it fail. I would recommend resetting you're network settings to default for starters, press the guide button, scroll along to system then system settings, network settings, configure network, select your wired or wireless network,press A and you should see additional settings, go down to restore to factory defaults, press A.

Once that's down try your connection again.

You may also need to download the profile to the console once you get connected to live, press the guide button, press x to sign out of any profile that is signed in and the download profile option will become selectable.

Bananas !!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Yes. The problem in this case is that if you are redeeming a code on the computer during the xbox running i think, it takes a while when you get the gold status on your console. If you do it on the computer the next time, make sure that your console is off and wait 15/30 minutes after confirmation. If it is not gold by then redownload your profile and it will be gold. OR the quickest way is to do it via the console. Then it will work directly.

Sorry this didn't help.

This is not just you. I'm having problems connecting with xbox live and I've had live for months since my last renew. A good majority of my friends cant connect. When i troubleshoot my internet my xbox connects to the internet but cant connect to xbox live leading me to believe that this is Microsoft's problem, not mine. When i reset my router it's a temporary fix, but only for half an hour or so before I'm disconnected.

Sorry this didn't help.

same getting angry, this is a paid service not like PlayStation comeon xbox

Sorry this didn't help.

It says that they are up but I can't connect either. My test fails at the LIVE test. It works for network and internet. I think their SMART system isn't smart enough to tell them they have a problem.

Sorry this didn't help.

All try it now my connection just came back up!!!

Sorry this didn't help.