Connection issues.

Hello,

Recently I have been having problems connecting to Live.  Here is a list of what I have done.

1. Problems started a while back while using the Mad Catz adapter.  One day my connection to Live was fine and the next it wouldn't connect at all.  I reset all the settings on my router and was able to connect only to find the connection to be extremely slow.  So slow that Netflix was not able to stream anything.
  2. So next I assumed my adapter was bad and I purchased an official Xbox wireless adapter.  Still the same problem.
  3. Next I assumed that my Linksys router was going bad seeing how I have had it for a couple years and it was still using 802.11G.  I upgraded to a Netgear N600 Wireless Dual Band Router.
  4. The upgraded router seemed to work just fine until I started watching Netflix and have noticed a couple of new problems.
  • First, my Xbox doesn't connect to my router when turning it on.  But, if I go and reset my router's power it will connect.
  • Second, after I get my connection up and running and go to watch a Netflix movie, it will intermittently go to a black screen with no response from my controller.  I can reset my Xbox and get back online and continue watching only to have it go to a black screen again.
I have cleared my cache and even deleted and redownloaded the Netflix app from my system, but it didn't seem to work.  I don't usually play a lot of games online so I can't say that I have the same issue with playing games.
Any help would be appreciated.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to: