Connection issues

Well I seem to be having the same connection issues a lot are having. My connection drops after about 10 mins or so. If I try to play a game it will stay connected longer but the game will get very very laggy. If I watch netflix it kicks me from Xbox Live then resigns me in when I get on the dashboard just to kick me again 10 mins later on the dashboard. I have the Xbox 360 slim with a DSL connection, the router is bridged, also the connection to the 360 is wired.

I went through all my routers settings, have updated the firmware. Put all the setting to Dlink said to, did port forwarding first, then DMZ. Disabled the firewall, the 360's mac address is on the DHCP Reservation list. All that hasn't worked.

I used the unofficial guide to bridge my modem, and all my setting match what I had to do with the past attempts. That didn't work.

Un-bridged my modem connected it directly and it worked fine but I leave it this way due to having a house full of devices that use the internet..

Just to add redid all my settings, used netflix on my wireless TV and wireless laptop and it works fine.

Clear the cache, used the connection guide. 

What Country/State/Province do you live in? US, KS
Modem brand & model number: zyxel eq-660r F1
Router brand & model number: Dlink dir-645
If Wireless, are you using a white or black external adapter, or an internal (Xbox 360S) adapter? Wired
Things you have tried: Listed above
Is UPnP Enabled? have tried both
Do you have a NAT error? If so, what is your NAT? No NAT error
Any Error Codes you encounter: No error codes
Who is your ISP(Internet Service Provider)? Century Link
After you run "Test Xbox LIVE connection" press “Y” for "More Info”. In the pop-up that appears, what are the following values, if shown? (If a value below does not appear for you, just leave it blank.)

When it doesn't connect

W:0000-000B
X:0000-F001
Y:00A8-4820

Z:0000-0000

ID:0006-0000
L:8015-100C
Q:8015-100C
T:Wired
D:192.168.0.106/255.255.255.0
S:192.168.0.1
C:192.168.0.1/0.0.0.0

When it does connect

W:0000-000B
X:0000-F001
Y:20A8-4840

Z:0000-0000

ID:FFFF-FFFF
L:8015-1911 or 8015-100C
Q:8015-100C
T:Wired
D:192.168.0.106/255.255.255.0
S:192.168.0.1
C:192.168.0.1/0.0.0.0

Also tried to download my profile again and got this error 80070525

Everything works but the Xbox, even my PS3

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

Hey Grim, sorry to hear about the disconnection issues, but thank you for making such a thorough post to start! Okay, the first thing I'd like to try is resetting the console's network settings to default, which you can do by following the steps listed below. When you're finished, please let us know how things turned out! :-)

• Go to the Settings hub.
  • Select System.
  • Select Network Settings
  • Select your network. 
  • Choose Configure Network Settings.
  • Scroll to the Additional Settings tab.
  • Choose Restore to factory defaults

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I had to connect my modem directly download my profile which has xbox live.

Rebridged the modem to router again restarted the router and modem.

Then I restored factory default 3x just to be sure.

Signed in to Xbox Live, tested by trying to download my FFXIII-2 Items it remains on the pending screen for a few mins.

( want to make sure I have my stuff if and when live acts up)

Went to netflix which I knew which stop the download, exited netflix and my download instantly completed as it should for a 2mb file.

Also have a 2GB demo downloading to see if it would move it was at 2% for a while, it is now 26% but frozen again.

Connected to a party which I haven't been able to do. Went to send a voice msg first time failed second time locked up my xbox box.

Restarted Xbox was stuck at the pre-dashboard loading screen for a bit but logged into Xbox live.

Checked download wan't pending nor moving and some how went to 24% rather then 26%.

Went to Netflix to see if it would kick me, didn't kick me first then became very laggy, then kicked me from xbox live.

Logged out of Netflix was signed right back into Xbox live. So from there started the new test idled at the dashboard, about 10 -15 mins later haven't been kicked and the download is moving again.

So it is getting better but not all fixed yet

Edit Spoke too soon was kick from Live right after this post.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey grim, sorry to hear it. Okay, so does this same issue occur if you remain on a modem connection? I'm wondering if something in the bridge settings (or the router itself) are at play with these disconnects. Please let me know!

Sorry this didn't help.

Everything works fine when I am directly connected to the modem, my isp makes it makes it pretty easy to bridge it literary it is a button.

Sorry this didn't help.

Okay, so it sounds like there's something at play in the router. I'm curious, does the console work when the router is taken out of bridge mode? What happens when you try and connect then? Lastly, have you checked to ensure that your DLINK's firmware is up to date?

Sorry this didn't help.

Yes the firmware is up to date, I will try a non bridge approach and get back to you.

Sorry this didn't help.